[StBernard] Craig: Status of debris removal

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 10 11:23:37 EDT 2007

Craig:

I hate to bother you yet another time, but have no choice as our parish
president (and others) never seem to share information. What exactly is the
status of "debris pick-up"? I am not including new debris from the
rebuilding process, just the gutted material. I have passed down Genie
Street, Charles Drive, Campagna Drive, Corinne Drive and Corinne Avenue, and
have watch the debris increase. The only trucks that I have seen have been
associated with Murphy's demolitions.

Personally, I wish we could have had Murphy coordinate our demolition
effort instead of paying the parish a settlement, since I doubt anyone knows
where that money went. While it scares me that Murphy will have free room
to expand and expose us to their discharges, etc., if nothing else, no one
will be able to complain about the appearance of their property. They have
removed the slabs, replaced soil, etc. Has any additional consideration
been given to using the cement slabs to make barriers in the swamp,
ultimately creating artificial reefs?

Thanks for your interest; I can't wait until you are sworn in as parish
president and we can finally have some genuine leadership in place.

John