[StBernard] Hello<br>

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 19 21:49:13 EDT 2007

Matt

We share your frustration and experience with state agencies, state and
parish officials and the Times Picayune. When we speak up we are labeled
activist or worse. Sometimes I wonder where America is, because its not
here.

IMHO the state, parish and local officials and agencies are conducting
malfeasance. Good Luck retaining an attorney; any decent honorable attorney
of integrity wouldnot touch our causes for action because they would have
severe political career consequences. All the others are already bought or
sold.

We dont have a dumpsite like your neighborhood, but what we do have here is:

A Migrant / Transient Worker Trailer Park (RV Motel):
Dave Peralta refuses to enforce a cease and desist HE wrote himself in
February (not Clay Dillion) for an illegal trailer park in the middle of R1
property. The business was opened with out a business permit nor an
electrical permit, and definitely without zoning changes. They just simply
ran electrical wires and plumbing from left over FEMA supplies and started
taking in rent money. Clay Dillion continually makes compromising deals
with the noncompliant landowner's attorney. And in the meantime we are and
our children are subjected to the trespasses of the countless migrant and
transient workers dwelling in the RV Motel in the neighborhood, running
their huge oversized trucks up and down our residential street.

Politically chosing Which Districts Receive Sewerage Liftstation repairs and
/or Firestation Rebuilds through FEMA funding:

And it only gets worse when we explore the issue of the refinery landswap
for the Jacob Drive Firestation Property. No doubt agreements have already
been made.

With regards to preserving residential neighborhoods and revitalizing
community, one would think that Mr Torres represented the
residents/plaintiffs in the crude oil spill, but we only see where the court
house participates in withholding the refinery's real estate transactions
information.

It could be worse, its going to be a battle to get better.

sjk