[StBernard] The Word from Washington - Healthcare for Children, Protecting Taxpayers, and Food Safety

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 19 21:55:21 EDT 2007

"I believe every Louisianian should have access to quality, affordable
health care."...so do I, Congressman, but the spending level of this bill
will allow families with incomes in the "high income" bracket" to qualify
their children to get free medical care when they can easily afford it
themselves. This was NEVER the intention of those who created the SCHIP
programs, nor was it the intention of allowing ADULTS onto the program,
which is happening in several states.

I believe President Bush's agreement to the original increase in spending of
the program is more than enough for SCHIP to be properly funded for years to
come - at least that's what the SCHIP folks say. Not to mention this is
first step to creating a socialized medicine program. Please support the
President in his veto and make everyone go back to the table to create a
more sane level of funding for SCHIP.

John Scurich