[StBernard] Voting in St. Bernard

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 19 21:56:07 EDT 2007

gk,

I guess the bottom line to anything being a violation is you have to get
caught first. In this case, an individual may vote from their old St.
Bernard parish address until they are challenged. However, I am curious to
see what a poll commissioner will do when they typically ask for a person's
driver's license for positive ID and the address on the DL does not match
the address on the voter registration roll. By law, the poll commissioner
is NOT to let that person vote - the person trying to vote is supposed to
show some type of proof he/she is living at that address or in the least
still has a "connection" to that address. The driver's license is usually
the item of evidence that helps determine that. I can't imagine this
scenario not arising at least once on election day.

John Scurich