[StBernard] Election Results

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 19 20:42:35 EST 2007

Jim,

I guess I feel differently about voting. Like a standardized test, I never
leave an empty box. If need be I will simply vote for the one I hate least.
In every issue/race on the ballot, one of the choices has to win and I am
going to influence that choice in some manner.

Leaving the box empty does nothing for the election except allow the pundits
to issue whatever outlandish statements they want about why someone actually
cast a vote for that particular race.

If the vote tally had been 10 - 9 with 10,000 people showing up to vote,
what does that tell the winner? Only that he had one more friend than the
loser. He really could care less why the other 9,981 people did not vote
for him. That issue is now four years away and a lot could happen in that
time.

Westley