[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish President's letter to SDT

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 1 08:27:01 EDT 2008

Oh Lordy, I guess we know who the counsel will be for little Sidney if this
goes to court.
<g>

btw, can't imagine what the "executive bathroom" is or was for the Redfish
Cup. LOL!

JY

St. Bernard Parish President's letter to SDT

11:42 AM CDT on Friday, October 31, 2008

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl103108cbtaffaro.16877d140.html

Eyewitness News

(The following is a response from St. Bernard Parish President Craig
Taffaro
to SDT Waste and Debris.)

RE: Ongoing Discussions regarding debris removal

Dear Mr. Torres:

As a follow up to our ongoing discussions regarding the loading and
hauling
of debris
from the Paris Road site, I thought it important to memorialize
the status of our discussions to date:

Based on current population estimates of the parish, the amount of
pre-Katrina curbside disposal, and the observed level of building
activity,
St. Bernard Parish Government (SBPG) believe it is placing
approximately
three thousand (3,000) tons or less of curbside garbage into the
monthly
stream delivered to River Birch. We have agreed that beginning in
October,
2008, the monthly tipping fees charged to SBPG at River Birch will
be based
on that amount of tonnage and will continue at that amount or less
until
such time that SDT has the ability to clearly identify the SBPG
tonnage
through the use of scales or through direct hauling to River Birch.
.

In-kind services performed by SDT at no cost to SBPG average
approximately
twelve thousand ($12,000.00) per month. These in-kind services
include
providing sweepers, water trucks and personnel for the parade route,
July
4th Celebration and Trick or Trunk. In addition, SDT has provided
an
executive bathroom for the Redfish Cup and port-o-lets for use at
the
recreation facilities and parade routes. Further, SDT has provided
general
street sweeping of Paris Road and other locations. These in-kind
services
will continue as long as SDT maintains a presence at the Paris Road
site.
In regard to the Paris Road site, SDT shall cease using this site no
later
than May 1, 2009 unless an alternative site begins construction.
.

SDT advised SBPG there was a verbal agreement between SDT and SBPG
that
allowed for the collection of all SDT debris at the Paris Road site.
Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) was prepared by SDT that
included
language consistent with the alleged verbal agreement but was never
signed
by the parties.

.