[StBernard] response to gb about the Couple shot at in Chalmette Home Depot parking lot

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 5 22:28:39 EST 2009

So much of the problems in St. Bernard are either drug related or immigrant
related. I am not a racist person but this immigration, mostly illegal is
really hurting us. The Home Depot incident shows this. I have a friend
that is Mexican, Marco, and he has done a lot of work for me. He is legal.
He told me in his broken english that he doesn't believe in illegal
immigration because many of the men coming here are murderers and other
criminals running away from the law in their own country. I have found this
to be true. It is also true of migrant workers that have come here from
other cities in our country. They are nomads that have nothing else and no
roots so they just drift where they think there is some easy work and they
can blend in. I'm not saying this is true of all the people that have come
to help us. Most are good hearted and want to help us, but there is an
element of criminals in some of these drifters and it is a situation that we
are not used to. I think that time will weed them out but in the mean time
we must be vigilant.

Laurie