[StBernard] Hospital location - Torres park

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 6 07:24:10 EDT 2009

No, I think the idea behind it is to "punish" the Meraux Foundation for
selling the land for the apts., not anything else.
However, I don't see where it's going to do the Foundation any harm at all.
The land will just sit there whether it's used for a hospital or not and the
Foundation could then sell it off or whatever it chooses.

My concern is whether the parcel that Landry wants to use is big enough for
the purpose of a hospital and add'l buildings.

JY

Anmyone think that this subject of a new location for the hospital
might
have come up due to the questionable formation of the Meraux
Foundation and
Judge Cresap being the presiding judge who ruled Arlene Meraux was
actually
Joe's wife and therefore little inheritance tax and also look who is
and was
on the committee? Stephens, Torres ?? One can only hope./

I wonder if Jim Letten isn't delving deeper in ths stuff? If the
Meraux
Foundation isn't valid then how could they donate land to the
hospital or
for that matter SELL property to Provident Developers?

PS - The huge house across the street from me on Jean Lafitte was
finally
being sold so it could be renovated and the buyer backed out when he
heard
of the apt complexes on their way.

Debby