[Woodcarver] early report from honesdale roundup

Sandy Holder carouselcarver at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 17:36:30 EDT 2004

Hi Mike,
Key of D "wood" be good and G would be great too, like to see you play a
polka!! Sure enjoyed the haunting melodies played on your flute, quite a
talent in itself to improvise as you play. They are a beautiful instruments
and I should have taken your evening class on how to make one. Maybe next
time. So glad we got to meet, now I can see you in all your messages. The
same with Maura and Dave, I can see them too. It was great.
Sandy - Evart MI

>From: "Mike Bloomquist" <m.bloomquist at verizon.net>
>.....The jam session was fun and I got to play the flute solo a couple
>times (after they signed the release forms).  I'm inspired to make a flute
>that's in tuned with the group and learn to play some real music instead of
>just improv.  What do you think Sandy?... key of "D"?
>
>I was in awe watching Sandy play the hammer dulcimer and shift keys at will
>like she does.
>
>Had a FANTASTIC time at the NEWR... already looking forward to next year.
>
>Keep on Carvin'
>-Mike B.->

7th Wood Carvers Roundup - Evart MI June 15-18, 2005
Spit & Whittle Weekend - Evart, Sept 10-12, 2004
http://www.woodcarversroundup.com
Michigan Wood Carvers Association http://miwca.com
See my carvings at http://www.picturetrail.com/sholder