[Woodcarver] NEWR Polka for the N.A. Flute

Mike Bloomquist m.bloomquist at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 01:02:22 EDT 2004

Sandy,
It was a privilege meeting the moving force behind the Evart Roundup.  I
don't think I thanked you for inspiring George, Ann, & Jack for organizing
one here in the East, so I'll do it here...  Thank you very much.  Also,
thank you for the "Rags 2 Riches" CD.  I taught a woodspirit class in
Syracuse the following Saturday, and it was the first CD I played.  Good
carvin' music, for sure.

Polka music on a N.A.flute?... hhmmmmmmm... think I might try a couple slow
ones first, like "Amazing Grace" or "Zuni Sunrise" and work my up to polkas,
OK?  My flute presentation conflicted with your first jam session, that's
why I was fashionably late... I won't make that mistake next year, and we'll
save a chair for you.  BTW, your hubby's harmonicas-on-a-rolodex inspired
Floyd and I.  We put our heads together and figured I could carve several
flutes in different keys and do a similar thing, but instead of the rolodex,
we're basing ours on the gatling gun <BG>... this could be interesting to
see which of us carves THAT caricature first.

Keep on Carvin'
-Mike B.->