[Woodcarver] suggestions on small work areas.

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Mon Aug 2 08:24:59 EDT 2004

Hi Mary Jo,

Before I was blessed with a nice work space I was cramed into several tight
spots. My machinery was in one area, I carved in another and fininshed in
another. One thing I did like is my bench that I put on wheels. So here is
my tip. Make your bench, or some working surface portable so you can take it
outside, to a show, down the road to your friend, or in your living room. A
cramped space is not always a creative environment so it is helpful to be
able to quickly relocate your most creative tasks. Now even though I have a
large enough work shop I still enjoy moving my work bench to different
areas. My bench has almost as many miles on it as I do. It is in my truck
when I go to shows, demonstrations, or just out for fun.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3
Somonauk, IL. 60552