[Woodcarver] The Honesdale potato chip

Sandy Holder carouselcarver at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 08:40:22 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,
Yet another pleasure of meeting you and your wife. So glad we had the
opportunity.

I also was able to take a class from Mike and yes, he is a great instructor.
I loved his "Knives down, pencils up" when we were ready for the next step
in the carving. I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately I missed the
finished potato chip for Nick, although I did see it after it was peeled and
almost ready for frying.
Sandy

>From: Dave Andreychek <chipps96 at mindspring.com>
>Subject: [Woodcarver] The Honesdale potato chip
>
>Friends (& Mike Bloomquist <grin>,
>
>I had the pleasure of taking not one,  but 2 carving classes from Mike, one
>this year and one last year.  Mike is an excellent carver and instructor.
>He didn't laugh at my carvings even once.
>
>Of all the carvings he has done, the most memorable for me is the chip
>carved Ruffles potato chip he made for the chip carving instructor.  Ya had
>to be there.
>
>Dave

7th Wood Carvers Roundup - Evart MI June 15-18, 2005
Spit & Whittle Weekend - Evart, Sept 10-12, 2004
http://www.woodcarversroundup.com
Michigan Wood Carvers Association http://miwca.com
See my carvings at http://www.picturetrail.com/sholder