[Woodcarver] Update from MI - More love for Marnie

Matt Kelley celtcarver at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 09:17:59 EDT 2004

Hello Friends in Wood -

Over the last week three more cane segments have arrived.   Doug
Evans sent a neat little  brick chimney with Santa's hat poking out
the top.  Connie Starr from Newago, MI sent a segment with four
lovely woodburned and colored roses.

The last to arrive from North of the Border was a cane topper from
Woodbutcher Jan.   The piece is called "Eldon"  and bears a startling
likeness to a certain CCA member from Canada.

I've have photos of these three segments up in the next day or so.

These are great additions to the cane for Marnie's fund-raiser,
bringing the total here to 12 segments.    I'll now start assembling
this extraordinary friendship cane and shipping it off to Faribault.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

Matt