[Woodcarver] "Price" virus

Mike Bloomquist m.bloomquist at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 10:09:47 EDT 2004

This is another virus that "spoofs" the "from" address, so it's more likely it came from an infected machine that had the user's address not from the user's machine directly.  I wouldn't spend a lot of time cleaning up your machines just because the message looks like it came from you.  Probably unnecessary, but don't open up any attachments with "price" in it unless you expected it.  Also, this one typically has no subject... another sign of a bad peace of mail.

These low-lifes <who generate this code> need a hobby... I know!... how 'bout woodcarving?  Nah, too much class for them.  They would never be able to handle it ;-).

Keep on Carvin'
-Mike Bloomquist->

Wooden Dreams Woodcarving
http://www.borg.com/~bloomqum