[Woodcarver] for bikers past and present

cynda douglas cynda at iw.net
Wed Aug 11 14:12:46 EDT 2004

The bikes are still steadily going by.  I was short on zeros when reporting
numbers.  I haven't heard a count yet, but it is probably in the usual 4 to
500,000 bikes in the neighborhood.  7 have now been killed, which is up I
believe, from other years.  But this seems like more bikes than the  2002
big celebration and they figured 650,000 then!
Apparently this information is Ok, since it appears that a lot of carvers
are also present or past bikers.  Have been meeting some really interesting
people.  There was a good looking couple in the dr.'s office yesterday from
Missouri.  She was a slim , tall attractive blonde and he was a huge man.
By huge, I don't mean fat but  shaved head, tall, huge arms, but he had a
trimmed mustache and beard, (unusual) very good looking, and very friendly.
He's someone I'd sure want on my side, hehe.  He said bikers can hardly get
into Sturgis at all, and have a long wait on the highway.  A couple of the
deaths were headons in our winding canyons, and three by colliding with
deer.  Lots and lots of broken legs, road rash, etc.  So much for rally
news.  OK, you were warned in my subject line, hehe.
Cynda