[Woodcarver] Questions about gull feathers

Matt Kelley celtcarver at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 22:07:46 EDT 2004

Hello Friends in Wood -

A visitor to the Carvers' Companion asked for advice about carving
gull feathers -  if you can help,  please respond DIRECTLY to Herb
Teske  at   Jopar29 at aol.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jopar29 at aol.com
Date: August 13, 2004 9:42:03 PM EDT
To: mkelley at carvers-companion.com
Subject: Woodcarver Needs Help

Dear Matt,
   If you have the time could you or someone you know give me a
source for carving the wing (folded) feathers on a couple of
seagulls? I'm very much an amateur but I enjoy power carving a great
deal.
   I'm carving these out of butternut for my two granddaughters.
There won't be a lot of detail but I want to delineate the wing
feathers just a little anyway.  (I'm going to paint them with
acrylics when finished.)
   Any online sources/pictures/books you can think of would be appreciated.

Herb Teske
Jopar29 at aol.com