[Woodcarver] Trudy was here and more auctiion stuff

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Wed Aug 18 10:49:35 EDT 2004

Fellow Carvers,

More action happening for Marnie.

Trudy Ginest, member of this list from Wyoming, stopped in Monday on her way
to Ohio to drop off a cane segment for Marnie. You can view this wonderful
fellow on my Webshots link below in the album titled Marnie. It's the last
item in that album. Don't miss the back view where his coverall show
through.

Ol' Don and Sandie just left my parking lot in the café on their way to
Marnie and the Whillock Woodcarving Festival. I will be meeting them there
on Friday at the Festival. They arrived yesterday for a nice visit and
stayed overnight here at my shop.

I've gotten into the auction action already. Got my eye on some nice stuff
so I got my bids in early. If you haven't yet, you should take a peek and
see over 50 items on the auction block. If you go to Ebay
http://www.ebay.com ,click on the Search menu. In the first search box type,
Marnie benefit, and hit search the search button. All the items for Marnie's
benefit auction come up with this one search.

There is more to come but they have to figure out how to do the cane
segments. I only put 2 canes together and the rest are individual section. I
don't know if they plan to put them all together or sell them individually.
If you donated cane segments and haven't seen them up for auction, don't
worry, I didn't steal them. I just didn't have time to put more canes
together. They must have enough segments to put another 4 canes together. Ol
' Don has 13 segments he just showed me. Awesome work from Ol' Don. And you'
ve seen Sandie's two segments on my Webshots. You're going to want to get
your hands on some of those.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3