[Woodcarver] (no subject)

David Thompson DWT at somd.net
Thu Aug 19 06:25:15 EDT 2004

Have found Bill Judt's books (our list owner) indispensible but do not recall which one details the process you are inquiring about...

Dave Thompson
Dave's Woodshavings @
Roundabout Farm
http://www.PictureTrail.com/daveswoodshavings

--- "mary jo tiger" <joanna45 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,this is Mary Jo again.I'm trying to do a relief carving in
Basswood.I need to know how to smooth off the little Fuzzy places.I've tried
using a sanding stick but some of the places are to small to get in.I've
also been reading that alot of carvers use a trim routers to rough out the
background on the beginnig of the pattern.Does anyone think thats a good
idea and if so where could  I get a book that would give me the
information.I read the list everyday and am grateful for the advice I've
received so far.Thanks for all your help.Mary Jo