[Woodcarver] Whillock Festival

Ivan Whillock Studio carve at whillock.com
Mon Aug 23 16:04:01 EDT 2004

To All:

This weekend  we witnessed an awesome show of support and celebration from the entire carving community--support for Marnie--and celebration of my years in wood carving.  We planned the celebration before Marnie was diagnosed and so we seriously considered canceling it.  Marnie urged that we should go ahead.

As you know, from the auction, that the support for Marnie has been amazing and international. However, carvers also came from far and wide to participate in our event as well. A local carver   commented on the great diversity of license plates in the parking lot, attesting to how far some folks came to celebrate with us--and of course to meet some of the "name" carvers who graced us with their presence.  What a great pleasure to visit with so many carvers who took the time to stop by and extend their warm wishes.

However, there's a fellow in our midst who should be wearing a halo--even BEFORE he  passes through the pearly gates (of course, many years from now)-- and his name is Joe Dillett!  Thanks, Joe.

And thanks to all of the list supporters as well!  Our gratitude is great.

Ivan Whillock Studio
122 NE 1st Avenue
Faribault, MN 55021
Visit my website at