[Woodcarver] Marnies Benefit

sally nye sarolyn at accn.org
Wed Aug 25 13:13:15 EDT 2004

David and I pulled into our little lane about 12:30 last night (am).
What can I say???  The Whillock Festival was a huge success.  We had
the honor of meeting Ivan and his wonderful, talented family.  It was
so nice to witness a "functional" family combining their energies and
talents to put this event together for all of us to enjoy.  After
working all day, the Whillocks (and friends) entertained us in the
evening with their "GREAT" music.

Marnie is a real trooper to hang in there like she did.  She put in
some very long hours and her spirit is unwavering.  You can't help but
love her and want to support her cause.  But that is what we folks do
best.

We got to meet many folks from the list that we've corresponded with
but now they have a face.  Also got to visit Ivan's and Marv's studio's
and bask in the aura of their creative space.  We had the privilege of
visiting church where "the Crucifix" is installed.  It was truly
humbling to see it first hand in all of it's power.  I can only imagine
the emotion that comes through when Ivan was creating it and bringing
it through to completion.  The power was there...a silence fell over
us.

To be a part of the Whillock Festival was an honor and a privilege for
us.  It was a small way for us to say "thank you" for all that Ivan has
generously given to us through the carving community.  His advice on
carving know how, creating, marketing, writing skills,  insurance...the
list goes on and on.

Thank you Ivan and family.  We hope this is the beginning of more
"Festivals" to come.
Sally and David
http://www.fancarversworld.com