[Woodcarver] Re: painting instructios

Charlie Briggs cbcarver12 at optonline.net
Thu Aug 26 20:04:21 EDT 2004

Hey John,
I am going to type it in which is what I should have done from the beginning this way they will go out to the entire list.

                 RHADIGAN PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS

1.  AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR PROJECT, USE DISH SOAP TO SCRUB CARVING, WITH SOAP HOT WATER. USE A DENTURE TOOTH BRUSH OR SMALL SCRUB BRUSH. RINSE WITH HOT WATER.

2.  AFTER CARVING IS DRY, GIVE IT TWO LITE COATS OF KRYLON MATTE FINISH # 1311 SPRAY AND LET DRY.

3.  I USE ACRYLIC PAINT, THE CHEAP BRANDS WHATEVER IS ON SALE. USE A EYE DROPPER, 1 DROP OF PAINT TO ABOUT 15 TO 20 DROPS OF WATER, MIX WELL IN DIVIDED PLASTIC PALETTE. I TRY TO PAINT WET ON WET, YOUR COLORS WILL BLEND MUCH BETTER.
I USE MEDIUM FLESH FOR SKIN TONE, TOMATOESPICE FOR THE BLUSH & LIPS. ALL BASE COLORS ARE PAINTED THINNED. ANYTHING LIKE EYES EYE BROWS BUTTONS BUCKLES ARE PAINTED WITH JUST ENOUGH WATER TO MAKE THE PAINT FLOW.

4.  AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE PAINTING, LET DRY AND GIVE ONE MORE LITE COAT OF KRYLON # 1311.

5.  TO ANTIQUE THE CARVING I USE (WATCO FINISHING WAX) 70 % NATURAL 305 DARK. BRUSH ON, LET STAND FOR A FEW MINUTES, WIPE OFF WITH A RAG OR PAPER TOWEL.

ENJOY YOUR WORK OF ART ------------ FLOYD

THERE YOU GO GANG OF HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU AS WELL AS IT HAS WORKED FOR ME.
CHARLIEB