[Woodcarver] Today

Sylda sylda at kansas.net
Fri Aug 27 16:14:54 EDT 2004

Thanks, Sam, for the web page help.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Mikeg, your absolutely right.  I have a iBook and I knew the battery was
dead, but wasn't with it enough to think about the clock.  Dah!!! I knew my
time kept being wrong, but the light bulb hadn't come on.  Since the battery
costs $100 I was just going to ignore it, but guess I can't.  Thanks.

Thanks, Lynn, you noticed, too.

Thank you, Dave Thompson, I'll check out your advise for the web site.

I just read the note about "base ideas" and "mirror method" was mentioned.
Could I have more info on that --- it sounds very interesting.

Joe, the cane that comes apart in segments sounds interesting -- tell me
more about it, please.  We belong to the Escapees RV Club and within it have
a Birds of a Feather group of wood carvers.  This sounds like something we
might be interested in.  Please & Thank you.

Cynda (and anyone else from the area), as you know we live in Kansas, about
2 hrs South of Lincoln, NE.  We don't travel much from May to Dec., but are
interested in seminars, shows, whatever that are within 1-4 hours from home
(you mentioned a NE Roundup).  We have a motor home and love to travel to
these things.  I'd appreciate hearing about them from all of you.  I need
some fore warning as I have to plant the seed in my husband's head and then
when it grows let him think it was his idea.  Then when we get home after a
wonderful time, which we always have with carvers, he is sooooo proud of
himself.

Loren, thanks, for mentioning the SSW finishing method.  Sounds interesting
and not overly hard.  I'm interested in these tips also.  Please, be sure to
put them on "the list".

OK, you lucky people, I'm signing off for today.  It's great getting all
this info from so many people and places.  Keep it up.  As soon as I can get
a secure site on here I'll send my financial support.

Love hearing from you all,
Sylda