[Woodcarver] Re:Sally and David Nye's site

sally nye sarolyn at accn.org
Mon Aug 30 10:30:34 EDT 2004

Hi Marilyn, Doris & Joe,

Gee, thanks for taking care of us with your posts.  You're all so kind.

Marilyn, I'm the one that is embarrassed for not mentioning we have a
domain name now.  Our original site through geocities is no more.  We
are continually working on fancarversworld.com so it changes readily
but is accessible.    You're such a dear friend, I'm sorry I didn't
keep you up to date.

And Joe, what a sweetheart to say such kind words about our book.  I'm
glad our love of the history of fan-carving is apparent.  Fan-carving
is so much fun to do and the meaningful symbolism that is revealed
through it's history brings it to "life."  Our research is a continual
process.  We are finding more information as we "snoop" through
archival documents and "back doors" of foreign countries.  Stay tuned!

Joe, will you be able to join us at the GOW this year?  or will you be
locked in the back room feverishly making chips to meet a drop dead
deadline?

Huge hugs to you.
Sally
http://www.fancarversworld.com

On Aug 29, 2004, at 9:16 AM, Joe Dillett wrote:

> Just in case Sally doesn't see this right away their web site is:
>
> http://www.fancarversworld.com/
>
> Doris

************

Thanks for posting Sally and David Nye's site Doris.

I just can't say how great I think their book is, not only because of
the
clear instruction, but the research of the history of this art that goes
back hundreds of years. Their love for Fan-Carving is contributing to
keep
fan-carving alive and bring it back into popularity.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3
Somonauk, IL. 60552