[Woodcarver] Carving Knife

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Thu Dec 2 10:11:11 EST 2004

Hi Dan,

I have never found the need for any other knife other than the Murphy.
They're just a little over the $10 price from Big Dog.

Now if you are after a big knife, have you seen Jan's. Denny Knives has made
one for Jan to market that measures 8 1/4-inches. Oh that's just the handle.
The blade is another 2 1/2-inches for a total length of 10 3/4-inches. It is
not a sissy's knife but if you want a good quality large knife, Jan's got
it. I'm got one and it is one fine knife designed to be used with both hands
while your spouse holds the wood or you fasten it in a vise.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3
Somonauk, IL. 60552