[Woodcarver] Can anyone help?

maricha maricha at ozemail.com.au
Wed Dec 8 02:27:48 EST 2004

hi sylda,
am no pyrography/burning expert, but have done a bit. i feel the design is
most important, the burning comes into it as if your were painting with a
brush, except the brush is your pyrography needle.... patience and layers of
the heat make the shadings which become effective to give you the roundness,
shades and perspective you wish.  if you check out the beautiful work done
by soooooo many carvers in e-zine magazine put together by kathleen menendez
you will find tremendous, inspiration, know how and help. one of my work was
included called the corroboree. i experimented with the timber, paper and
paint, and found that the gradual layers build up a wonderful effect. you
will develop your own.
if it helps here is the website of the corroboree.
http://carverscompanion.com/Ezine/Vol5Issue2KMenendez/KMenendez.html
http://carverscompanion.com/Ezine/Vol5Issue5/KMenendez/KMenendez.html

cheers
maricha