[Woodcarver] love spoons

Merrilee Johnson merrihat at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 00:32:41 EST 2004

Good Evening Alex,
   To be fair I might have been stretching the "sand from start to finish"
part but he did hand me a coarse piece of sand paper and that's how we
started.  I really don't like sanding so I probably stopped listening at
that point and decided for myself that most was to be sanded and I didn't
want to sand so.... as the saying goes I stopped listening! :)  Probably not
a good idea.
   The book I bought is called the "Celtic Carved Loved Spoons bySharon
Littley and Clive Giffin. This one has 30 patterns and history and
information on them.  ( My friend Bette has another book but I am not sure
what the name is.)  The different patterns are so beautiful and they give
you lots of patterns and how to put them together to make it your own for
your own special occasion.  I like looking at it!  And I keep saying maybe
someday....  Its a great book (am I supposed to say something like I have no
interest in this book or person but that I just own the book and love
it????)
Check it out - I'm sure you will too!
    Love spoons are certainly a challenge but they don't look like they
would be.  The back of yours turned out great!  Those little extras are what
make carving so addictive!  I hope your club can get this one!
Merrilee