[Woodcarver]wood burned portrait tips-sylda

Sylda sylda at kansas.net
Thu Dec 16 22:57:11 EST 2004

This will certainly help me when I try to do some of my grandchildren.  So
far I have only done pictures from books.  I did basically the same as you
in burning the pictures, but haven¹t tried the carving.  I want to perfect
the burning before trying the carving.  I have no web site, but will try to
get a picture to you and would appreciate your opinion.  It will be awhile,
so don¹t hold your breath.  I¹m taking the burner and some wood ( & the
sander) with me, but have no idea how much I¹ll do. Am I understanding you
right ‹ you only carved around the edges, rounded the face and tapered out
toward the edge of the wood???  Did you do any reburning after the carving?
Thanks again,
Sylda