[Woodcarver] Wynne's Relief Carvings...

Bill Judt bjudt at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 24 11:38:26 EST 2004

Wynne:

I especially like the Grand Canyon carving. Well done!!
I noticed the size of the carvings as well. I call this type of relief
"micro carving", in jest of course. I wonder what this same scene would
look like at 200% enlargement in 2" thick wood?

The picture of the German castle did not show well... I think a flash
was used when taking the picture. I always take photos of my carvings
in natural light, laying on the floor by an open door (even when it is
-30° outside!!!). I make sure the light crosses the carving at right
angle to the grain for the best effect. try it out and let me know how
it works. Then maybe you can repost the image and send me a note!! I'd
like to see it.

Blessings and Peace in this Season of the Christ,

Bill

W.F. Judt,
46 Harvard Cres,
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan,