[Woodcarver] Wynne's Relief Carvings...

Wynne Simmons wyndysim at graceba.net
Fri Dec 24 13:55:38 EST 2004

Bill,

Thanks for the advice on picture taking.  I’ll try it as soon as we get
some sunshine again.

Wynne Simmons

Ashford, Alabama

wyndysim at graceba.net

http://www.wiregrassalpacas.com <http://www.wiregrassalpacas.com/>

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6
<http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=138062&> &uid=138062&

I especially like the Grand Canyon carving. Well done!!
I noticed the size of the carvings as well. I call this type of relief
"micro carving", in jest of course. I wonder what this same scene would
look like at 200% enlargement in 2" thick wood?

The picture of the German castle did not show well... I think a flash
was used when taking the picture. I always take photos of my carvings in
natural light, laying on the floor by an open door (even when it is -30°
outside!!!). I make sure the light crosses the carving at right angle to
the grain for the best effect. try it out and let me know how it works.
Then maybe you can repost the image and send me a note!! I'd like to see
it.

Blessings and Peace in this Season of the Christ,

Bill

W.F. Judt,