[game_preservation] Game developers memorial page?

Captain Commando evilcowclone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:59:48 EST 2008

Yeah, it might be a good idea to consider dividing the memorials into
categories: say 'developers' and 'players' as two categories. I had
suggested earlier that we should have a memorial for Bobby Fischer, who
passed on only a few weeks ago. I also felt we should add people like Ron
Knerr and other non-videogame designers who have been very influential in
the games we play.

Right now, though, it's probably best to just get some material up as an
example of how we think other memorials should be written.

On Feb 7, 2008 10:54 AM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org> wrote:

> Players - good interesting angle, one I didn't think of. These memorial

> pages should encompass the industry as a whole - from the people who

> make games, to players, to related industry people. Since it's a

> young-ish industry, hopefully we won't have our work cut out backlogging

> some memorials, at least having brief pages.

> If you have any website links (and I will look myself, but a good

> example is always welcome) of a player memorial, I'll have that as a

> base too.

> For now, no separate categorisation will take place. In the future I

> might see if we need to break some people into groups for organisation.

> Andrew

> Henry Lowood wrote:

> > Andrew,

> > Ok, this will be on the agenda then.

> > Off topic but: there are a few memorial pages out there for well-known

> > players of various games, some of which include replay files of their

> > games. These are interesting documents, and I'm going to be talking

> > about replaying a DOOM game I found this way at a workshop on campus

> > next week about the disappearance of virtual worlds.

> > Henry

The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando