[game_preservation] KEEP project and DiGRA2009

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 10 01:10:13 EST 2009

Hi Devin,

Dinner will be tough for me, as I already have three scheduled!
However, lunch is free any day except Monday.

Henry

Devin Monnens wrote:

> Is it possible to have an IGDA Preservation SIG dinner? I mean,

> different SIGs and chapters do this, why not schedule one the night

> after the roundtable?

> BTW, if anyone is going and doesn't have a hotel yet, let me know. I

> know someone who might be able to share a hotel room (if I'm going,

> I'll be staying with him, but if we can split it three ways it's even

> cheaper - only a half mile from the convention center, too).

> -Devin

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Stuart Feldhamer

> <stuart.feldhamer at gmail.com <mailto:stuart.feldhamer at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Or you could do what I did last year, just go to the IGDA party J

> Stuart

> *From:* game_preservation-bounces at igda.org

> <mailto:game_preservation-bounces at igda.org>

> [mailto:game_preservation-bounces at igda.org

> <mailto:game_preservation-bounces at igda.org>] *On Behalf Of *Billy

> Cain

> *Sent:* Monday, February 09, 2009 4:20 PM

> *To:* 'IGDA Game Preservation SIG'

> *Subject:* Re: [game_preservation] KEEP project and DiGRA2009

> Not to say that this is inexpensive, but you don't have to buy a

> big pass to be effective. You can get an expo only pass that will

> let you network just as much as you need to.

> All other charges apply (air, hotel, food, taxi, etc.), but it's

> been my experience that there are people that would split hotel

> rooms to save. I've done that for the past few years.

> So, those are my two money-saving tips. J

> *From:* game_preservation-bounces at igda.org

> <mailto:game_preservation-bounces at igda.org>

> [mailto:game_preservation-bounces at igda.org

Henry Lowood
Curator for History of Science & Technology Collections;
Film & Media Collections
HRG, Green Library
557 Escondido Mall, Stanford University Libraries
Stanford CA 94305-6004 USA
http://www.stanford.edu/~lowood
lowood at stanford.edu; 650-723-4602