[game_preservation] SIG paper for DiGRA

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 23:12:34 EDT 2009

Has anyone taken a look at this yet? I kinda spaced it, and just now
discovered it on my desktop. I can read this version or wait for the next
edit.

Though honestly it doesn't look any different from the last time I saw it. I
would recommend we get somebody who has more time on their hands to look at
typesetting to make it not look so crappy :)

Um yeah...the typesetting was kind of my fault.

-Devin Monnens

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>wrote:

> Okay, I'm finally back onto my email, urg, I'll batter my host more harshly

> when they didn't get it working after their promised 2 days so I lost a

> weeks worth of email, bah.

> I'll be able to come down, I've booked holiday time for that week, I just

> need to know how to book a place at the event and accommodation.

> I've not got a chance today or tomorrow to read this structural draft - I

> also note you didn't have any changes enabled, so it's hard to see what's

> changed at a glance, sorry - I'll try and look later this weekend.

> As for a title, I don't know, it depends what you want the paper to be

> edited to be.

> Andrew

> Dan Pinchbeck wrote:

>> hi all,

>> a very (very) initial structural draft of the paper for DiGRA is uploaded

>> here:

>> www.thechineseroom.co.uk/IGDASIGpaper.doc

>> If anyone has the chance to glance over it and give me a sense of whether

>> I'm heading the right direction with this, make comments, changes, etc, I'd

>> be really grateful. Like I said, it's at a phenomenally early point

>> (deadline is 1st August) so don't expect much!

>> I also need to confirm for the programme a final title for the paper and

>> confirm the list of authors - as I wasn't involved in the white paper, can

>> someone just triple-check that for me and send a list/title?

>> Finally, as soon as I have the exact date/time for the game preservation

>> panel I'll send it through - but this paper will need a presenter. I can

>> 'arrange' that if need be, but it would obviously be great to have someone

>> from the SIG there (Andrew, you're just up the road... and I may be able to

>> find some budget to help out with registration, etc?) Any thoughts there

>> would also be great,

>> Thanks

>> Dan

>> PS- thanks Melanie for the heads-up - hope this is a better way of doing

>> things! :)

>> Dr Dan Pinchbeck

>> Advanced Games Research Group

>> School of Creative Technologies