[game_preservation] Preservation article

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:52:02 EST 2010

Well, articles from magazines like the Atlantic will stay up for awhile for
free use, but after this, you need to be a subscriber or log in through a
library with a subscription (usually a university).

-Devin

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Andrew Armstrong <andrew at aarmstrong.org>wrote:

> Thanks a lot Melanie, got it, and will get a good read this week :)

> Copyright is a pain with journals (I never know since I don't write for

> them!) - some are much more lax (or as such allow you to publish previously

> published material), some are strict, some authors of things just put their

> material on the web anyway, or have the original sources/articles on their

> sites or something. So confusing!

> I'll certainly put up a mention of it in our resources list and on the page

> as I said. I hope that other article stays up, although you said it wouldn't

> likely be Devin. A shame, if it is as big as you suggested (I have no clue

> obviously!).

> Andrew

> On 15/02/2010 00:04, Melanie Swalwell wrote:

>> Copyright issues make it difficult to simply post an article online,

>> though I believe Sage might allow for lodging in repositories a while after

>> publication (seem to recall reading something about 12 months), but don't

>> quote me on that. Yes, you do need a subscription to the journal to get

>> access, but if anyone wants a copy and doesn't have a subscription or access

>> to a library that does, then just email me direct.

>> There's a copy headed your way, Andrew.

>> Melanie

>> Andrew Armstrong wrote:

>>> <snip> Melanie - do you want a copy of that article to be added to the

>>> IGDA wiki? (a in-between before I get this database thing finished ;) ), if

>>> not I'll just link tot hat Journal issue of course, although I can't read it

>>> just yet - I presume you need a University who has paid for access (not sure

>>> if where I work has this or not!). Looks interesting though!

>>> Andrew

Devin Monnens
www.deserthat.com

The sleep of Reason produces monsters.