Mac OS X Jaguar users?

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Tue Mar 23 01:46:54 EST 2004

Is anyone here running Mac OS X 10.2.x? Or otherwise have it
available somewhere for testing?

I have a report from some who claims that the Digest::MD5 Perl
module isn't installed on his machine (running 10.2.8), which is
keeping Markdown from running. I think he must have screwed with his
Perl installation -- I'm pretty sure Digest::MD5 is in the standard
Perl library with Perl 5.6 or higher (which Markdown requires
anyway).

But, I can't prove it, because I no longer have Jaguar installed
here.

So, if anyone can tell me if Markdown runs on Jaguar -- or even if
Digest::MD5 is installed by default -- I'd be appreciative.

Reply off-list, please. The list-at-large need not worry about this.

Thanks,