Ordered list syntax.

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Mar 26 22:43:06 EST 2004

> That'd be invalid XHTML 1.0, even Transitional.  Can't have a list
> *within* a paragraph.  For example, the following is invalid because
> of nested block-level elements:
>
> Lou Quillio

You're right. The only place I see the use of a list without the blank
line is if you want a sublist within a list item without paragraphs,
like this (strait from the Dingus example!):

     *   Abacus
         * ass
     *   Bastard
         1.  bitch
         2.  bupkis
             * BELITTLER
         3. burper
     *   Cunning

See: no blank line. But wait a minute... Where is the period? Or the
colon? Oops, I guess my rule isn't so great after all. :-(

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/