Markdown and Whisper (was [ANN] PHP Markdown 1.0b5)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed May 19 22:05:06 EDT 2004

I just took a look at Whisper. The support for Textile is totally hard
coded into Whisper. Making a class for Markdown won't change anything.
However it's very easy to use it with Markdown with a little addition.
First, rename your markdown.php file to classTextile.php. Then add this
code at the start of the renamed markdown file:

	class Textile {
	    function TextileThis($text, $lite='', $encode='', $noimage='',
$strict='') {
	        return Markdown($text);
	    }
	}

Put it in the Whisper plugin directory instead of Textile and voilà!

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/