Tables

Fletcher T. Penney fletcher at alumni.duke.edu
Sat Dec 3 15:14:39 EST 2005

On Dec 3, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Dr. Drang wrote:

> I'm very tempted by Mark Smith's suggestion that any column with

> decimal points should be decimal aligned, but I'm not sure how that

> would be programmed. I think you'd have to go through the table once

> to make sure that the column is all numbers, then go back through it

> again to put in the appropriate tags.

That's not hard to implement. I would consider extending the rule to
any column whose contents consist solely of numbers, with a decimal
point (or comma for non-US types), optionally with commas( or
decimals for non-US types), optionally beginning with a (insert
currency indicator here - which could get messy...)

What about that?

Fletcher

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletcher at alumni.duke.edu

Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies.
- Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest
asking that he renounce Satan.