Adding additional output formats for Markdown?

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 16:02:42 EDT 2005

On 24/07/05, Mark Smith <mark at bbprojects.net> wrote:

> I think this general point came up already, though maybe not here ?

> The consensus was, IIRC, that one can/should just take Markdown's output

> and use that to transform to the desired final output.

Markdown, yourXML, whatever. Wouldn't it be nicer if you could define
the syntax?

> Other than (X)HTML and PDF, I output to LaTeX, ConTeXt (TeX and ContML)

> and (less frequently) Publicon or DocBook.

And I'm sure others 'convert' (or would like to convert), to many other formats
that you don't use?

I see that as an opportunity to generalise?
Take in a solid text based system, and allow output transformations
to whatever a user needs, can hack,
at minimum effort?

--
Dave Pawson