Adding additional output formats for Markdown?

mark smith mark at bbprojects.net
Sun Jul 24 16:52:49 EDT 2005

@ July 24, 2005 21:02:42 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:

> On 24/07/05, Mark Smith <mark at bbprojects.net> wrote:

>> I think this general point came up already, though maybe not here ?

>> The consensus was, IIRC, that one can/should just take Markdown's

>> output and use that to transform to the desired final output.

> Markdown, yourXML, whatever. Wouldn't it be nicer if you could define

> the syntax?

Yes.

> And I'm sure others 'convert' (or would like to convert), to many

> other formats that you don't use?

Sure. I've little doubt that my selection is a small subset. That was
the point. I'm probably a lite user and I'm generating half a dozen
formats, so the number of formats requiring support is likely to be
large.

?

> Take in a solid text based system, and allow output transformations

> to whatever a user needs, can hack, at minimum effort?

Indeed. - Sounds familiar ;-)

However, I'm not optimistic that any single syntax will cut it for the
full range of desired outputs. I'd love to be wrong though.

mark.