Adding additional output formats for Markdown?

Dave Pawson dave.pawson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 00:06:29 EDT 2005

On 24/07/05, mark smith <mark at bbprojects.net> wrote:

> Sure. I've little doubt that my selection is a small subset. That was

> the point. I'm probably a lite user and I'm generating half a dozen

> formats, so the number of formats requiring support is likely to be

> large.

> > I see that as an opportunity to generalise?

> ?

In terms of transformation, I'm sure it would be possible to convert
directly, and programmatically, from markdown to a number of formats.

XSLT is a standard way of transforming the richer set of markup (XML)
into text or other markup formats.
I'm looking to use that as a means of getting from a simpler XML markup
to whichever output formats I need.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.