Syntax Questions

Jurgens du Toit jurgens.dutoit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 06:32:45 EDT 2008

I mean that "difficulty to test" must not impair the development process.
Yes, sure, don't roll out software that hasn't been tested, but, as Markdown
is issued under an open source license, there's who knows how many people
who might want the untested functionality, and who will be willing to test
it, and probably improve on it as well. Me included.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de>
wrote:

> * Jurgens du Toit <jurgens.dutoit at gmail.com> [2008-07-21 09:05]:

> > I don't think that if something is difficult to test, it

> > shouldn't be implemented.

> You mean it's fine for people to give you software that might or

> might not work, and they don't know which? What happens if you

> report a bug and they can't test whether their bugfix breaks

> previously working stuff?

> Regards,

> --

> Aristotle Pagaltzis // <http://plasmasturm.org/>

Jurgens du Toit
Cell: +27 83 511 7932
Fax: +27 86 503 2637
Website: www.jrgns.net

If people never did silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein