[MCR] Bow Summit skiing

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Dec 28 19:46:32 EST 2011

Outstanding skiing today at Crowfoot Trees. About 30 cm of recent storm snow on top of a firm midpack. No whumpfing or cracking although you would think there is a significant load on the facetted base now. No wind effect in this area but at ridge top there was transport and numerous large loose snow avalanches and a cornice fall were observed off the cliffs.

We kept to tree line runs and away from overhead hazard.

Mark Klassen
ACMG-IFMGA Mountain Guide
www.alpinism.com/SORCERER

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise