[MCR] Rockies, Bourgeau Left Hand

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 15 20:32:32 EST 2012

I guided an ascent of Bourgeau Left Hand todays, Jan 15th. A cold day, keeping hands warm was a challenge. Big gloves, big boots. We profited from the trail that I broke into the climb last Wednesday. About 4 cms of new snow overnight below the climb with some, but not a lot, of wind transportation and deposition.

The climb is still in good shape over all although I did hit some rock on the first pitch due to placements deepening with traffic. Some water on the top 20 meters of the route.

A second party showed up behind us and had the great sense to wait until we were off of the first tier before they started.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com