[MCR] Pilsner Pillar

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 15 21:35:12 EST 2012

I guided Pilsner Pillar today and was quite a pleasant day. The temperature at 0800 was -9 degrees celsius. I climbed all the way to the grade two ice near the top, and was dry on every pitch. There was anywhere from 10 cm to 20 of low density snow sitting on the old bed surface between the pitches, there were no wind slabs present. Quite nasty daggers on the first pitch - lookers right. I hope the pillar will survive the cold temperatures coming this week-it should as it is well supported.

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com

IMG_0670