[MCR] Global Glacier Monitoring Service Information

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Aug 12 16:05:20 EDT 2013

Further to what we posted on the Parks Mountain Safety Facebook page on the decline of ice on the Athabasca glacier. This site provides an interesting read on the monitoring data which the National Parks contribute to the Global Glacier Monitoring Service to help understand trends worldwide and regionally. Food for though as we consider the changing conditions happening to the ice here in our own backyard. The latest report with glacier trends is available here: http://www.grid.unep.ch/glaciers/

Deryl Kelly, ACMG
Visitor Safety Technician
Jasper National Park