[MCR] CAC Mobile upgrade

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Feb 14 13:06:05 EST 2014

The CAC's app "CAC Mobile" was recently upgraded. Previously you could only look at forecasts. Now there is the added capability of submitting and sharing information. You can take a photo and write a brief text message then submit it. Your submission is automatically displayed on an interactive map where you can view other submissions. In short, it's a way to quickly share information with the CAC forecasters and other users of the app and visualize that information geographically. You can learn more here:

http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/pre-trip-planning/observer-network

We are now planning the next phase of development which will allow for sharing and visualization of more detailed technical information about weather, snowpack, and avalanche activity. We hope to begin development of the next upgrade this spring with the aim of launching it for next season.

Karl Klassen - Manager, Public Avalanche Warning Service
Canadian Avalanche Centre kklassen at avalanche.ca<mailto:kklassen at avalanche.ca>