[MCR] Athabasca & Silverhorn

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Sep 17 10:06:05 EDT 2014

Richard Howse & climbed the Silverhorn with guests on September 13 a rather glorious fall day. Overall good conditions with up to 30cm of recent storm snow above 2800m. The Silverhorn ridge was mostly bony and icy which made for tired calf muscles, however we would have appreciated the pickets that we did not bring for the snowy section in the middle. Despite the recent snow, crevasses were still easy to see and manoeuvre around. We observed some small point releases up to size 1 on sunny aspects otherwise we did not observe any avalanches or any slab character in the recent snow.

Cheers!
James Blench UIAGM/IFMGA