[Slowhand] RE: we here on Slowhand Digest give our support to EC

Noah Seidenberg n.seidenberg at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 13:03:15 EST 2003

DN, I have been reading your posts and really got a laugh out of how it
makes some people so mad. WTF, some people seem to like anything an artist
puts out regardless of how bad it is. I totally agree with you. You are not
saying you don't like EC but that you don't like some of the crap he puts
out. My girlfriend always laughs at me, we see EC every time he comes
anywhere near Chicago but when he plays "Wonderful Tonight" I go take a pee
and get a beer. I've started it with "My Fathers Eye" and "Tears In Heaven",
these tunes make me throw up. How would you describe these tunes, are they
Blues, RnR, no its just straight crap. I just got a boot of Derek & The
Dominoes from 10-23 and 10-24-1970, now that was when he really played.

I just don't understand how some folks accept any crap as good music, what
would make you happy on a newsgroup if we made a rule that we only say good
things about EC's playing regardless of how lousy it is in the last 30 or so
years?

Now that would make for some boring reading/

Happy Holidays Slowhanders

Noah