[Slowhand] (no subject)

Jude Ciancone pastmastersv2t7 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 19:05:10 EST 2003

Bravo Zulu Joni.  As a long time lurker myself i had trouble picking through what i considered interesting information and selfish expectations.  I personally don't care for the induced guitar solo's that go on forever.  I love "Change the World".  That is not saying that a marathon solo is trash, it just isn't to my liking.
As for Mr. Clapton himself, he has spent many years working on being just what he is now.  If he wanted it to go in another direction maybe he would have started wearing spandex back in the seventies.  Let's see, he dabbled in country and decided to stick with rock, he's done some reggae and wasn't too bad, he never did the glam thing which most, i'm sure, are greatful for.  He touched on the mellower side of Rock and whoops, waddya know, it works for him and for many, many others.  He can still make you play the air guitar.
I appreciate the work he has done in the past, but i liked August, and what he has done since then the most. So like Joni said, just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't.

jude