[Slowhand] Blackie

ALL alynn at centurytel.net
Sun Jun 27 11:26:58 EDT 2004

Delta Nick wrote:

However, I equate Blackie with what I consider to be his most sub-standard
period, the period I like least. In interviews, Clapton admits not to
remembering much of this period, and he's said that his music was simply a
way to the next drink. He's also said that he was easily influenced: he
didn't think much for himself.

EC has also said that he wanted to die on a daily basis through those dark years.  That and more has made "Blackie" what it is today.  In my opinion Blackie had more to do with his cause for this auction than any other guitar he owned.  Let's just be glad he held this auction for Crossroads Treatment Centre and raised all of the money he did to help countless people beat their addictions whatever they may be.

Just another line....to all those who did not know....Cocaine was supposed to be an Anti-Drug song, but no one interpreted it that way.

Anna